Quick ITP update and upcoming events
So what are the NZ Excellence in IT Awards, known as the EXes, and why do we bother? After all, there are some really brilliant awards programmes already happening in our sector.
The difference is that the EXes unashamedly celebrate the people and teams who make tech work in our sector. Through these awards, we aim to find the people that really are making a difference rather than just the company they work for. But we need your help finding them!
Nominations also open for ITP Branch Committees next week, and I hope you're registered for our update event in a few weeks - look forward to seeing you there!
NZ Excellence in IT Awards - nominations open
Nominations are open for the NZ Excellence in IT Awards!
The EXes are sector-wide awards recognising the individuals and teams who have truly excelled in our industry. While other awards focus on companies and vendors, the Excellence in IT Awards exclusively celebrates our people.
The categories are:
- Project Excellence Award
- Excellence in Software
- Excellence in Digital Health
- Excellence in Govtech
- Gerard MacManus Award for Excellence in IT Education
- Excellence in Inclusion
- Excellence in People Leadership
- Excellence in Tech Communications
- Young IT Professional of the Year
- New Zealand IT Professional of the Year
We need you to help us find those making a difference in our industry. They could be from your team, colleagues, and even self-nominations are fine :).
Join an ITP Branch Committee
Want to contribute to your profession in your area? ITP's network of branch committees are an excellent way to give back to the community.
We're about to kick off the election process for our nationwide Branch Committees and our National Board - heaps of opportunities to get involved!
Our Branch Committees are the lifeblood of ITP in each city across New Zealand, and coordinate local activities, ensure a strong local voice and so much more. Our National Board nominations open at the same time, and is the overall governance body of the organization, setting the direction and strategy for ITP.
Nominations for Branch Committees will open next Wednesday 5th May. We'll send out more information then, but in the meantime you can read a bit more here.
Our Branch Committees are just as important post-Covid as they've ever been. Come and give ITP a local voice while helping ensure lots of opportunities for the tech profession to get together in your city.
ITP Update and Strategy Events - come along!
ITP CEO Paul Matthews and new President Anthony Dowling are heading to your place in May.
They're heading out and about around New Zealand to talk about ITP's Strategy and Strategic Plan over the next few years, Skills in the Industry Transformation Plan, ITP's new CareerAdvance service and how it will help members get ahead and much more!
Check out the presentation in your area:
- 19 May Auckland 5:15pm-7pm
- 20 May Hamilton 12pm-1:30pm
- 20 May Tauranga 5pm-6:30pm
- 25 May Palmerston North 5-6:30pm
- 26 May Wellington 12pm-1:30pm
- 26 May Nelson 5-6:30pm
- 27 May Christchurch 4:30pm-6pm
- 28 May Dunedin 12-1:30pm
Come and engage! There'll also be plenty of time for Q&A.
2021 ITx Innovation Days
This year, the big ITx conference is going on the road. In fact, we'll be running 8 different mini-conferences right across New Zealand, each showcasing the latest tech trends, local talent, case studies and so much more.
These mini-conferences will be AWESOME! We have some amazing speakers to announce shortly, right across New Zealand.
The ITx Innovation Days will be happening on these dates:
- 13 July Palmerston North 1-5:30pm
- 14 July Nelson 1-5:30pm
- 16 July Wellington 9am-5:30pm
- 20 July Tauranga 1-5:30pm
- 21 July Hamilton 1-5:30pm
- 23 July Auckland 9am-5:30pm
- 27 July Dunedin 1-5:30pm
- 29 July Christchurch 9am-5:30pm
Drinks and refreshments will follow each Innovation Day.
Sponsorship options are also now available.
What happened to the ITP Skills Portfolio?
Earlier this year we mentioned that the nifty new Skills Portfolio tool was coming very soon but then... it didn't!
Just a quick update - we're working through a few teething issues with the tool developer. We made the decision not to release it until some intermittent issues were resolved and they're working very hard on it.
We're aiming to release it asap, once it's through our internal testing - so stay tuned!
Get your ITP gear
Now is the perfect time to head over to the ITP store and grab yourself some sleek and practical items for work and play. These customizable items come in a variety of designs and are perfect for work, networking or casualwear.
The official ITP store has a whole bunch of professional and casual clothing options, some which can be co-branded with your company. It's a great opportunity to show that you don't just "do IT" - you're also serious about professional practice.
Pop on over to shop.itp.nz to check it out.
Previous webinars - all available free to members
All past webinars are available on the ITP Video Library for members:
- 2020's Top 10 Hacking Techniques
- Down-to-Earth Leadership Skills for Technical Geniuses
- How technology enabled the health response
- How Covid is impacting the Gaming Industry
- Creating a plan for Digital Skills
- Cybersecurity and the recent attacks
- Tech legal update - what you need to know
- An afternoon with Nanogirl
- Taking kiwi tech to the post-Covid world
- Tech startups in a post-Covid world
- The IRD Transformation
- Digital Government and Covid-19
- Tech and the Covid-19 recovery
- Privacy in the days of Covid-19
- Leading Wellness in uncertain times
- Meet the ITP Workshop Presenters
- The data behind Covid19
- Innovation in tough times: Don't Hunker in the Bunker
- Covid19: Tech and the Law
- Cybersecurity from home
- Clarke Ching on disaster innovation
- CITPNZ and CTech: The What, How and Why
- Working Remotely - How to get through
You must be logged in in order to post comments. Log In