Entries open for 2019 NZ Hi-Tech Awards
Entries are now open for the 2019 NZ Hi-Tech Awards, New Zealand's premier technology awards programme.
The Hi-Tech Awards recognise the achievers of the NZ Hi-Tech industry from the start-up and emerging categories through to the coveted PwC Company of the Year, which was won this year by Invenco.
The categories for the 2019 Awards have been further enhanced to recognise and encourage diversity of thought and inclusion across all sectors. The 2019 Awards will also see the introduction of the Hi-Tech Maori company of the Year as well as an expanded category to recognise the growing importance of the creative sector in New Zealand. The Public Sector category has also been expanded to encompass solutions developed for the wider public good.
Jen Rutherford, NZ Hi-Tech Trust Chair, says the aim of the Hi-Tech Awards is to acknowledge, recognise and celebrate excellence within the New Zealand Hi-Tech industry, which is now the third largest export earner in the country and the fastest growing export sector. The Awards increase the awareness of the contribution the tech sector makes to the New Zealand economy and the country as a whole.
"The Gala Dinner this year was a truly awesome event that showcased the emerging diverse talent in the tech sector. We are looking to continue this momentum as we open for the 2019 Awards and look forward to the Gala Dinner on the 24th of May next year." says Rutherford.
The 2018 Awards programme was the most successful ever, with a record number of new entrants and 800 people attending the Gala Awards Dinner in Christchurch.
"For 2019 we've tweaked a couple of the categories and revised the entry criteria to ensure we have a growing focus on diversity and inclusion. Not only do we want companies to be conscious of where they are now from a diversity perspective but critically where are they heading in terms of promoting and encouraging diversity in their workplace. We also encourage people to nominate companies and individuals that they think are worthy entrants." says Rutherford.
The 13 categories for the 2019 NZ Hi-Tech Awards are:
- PwC Hi-Tech Company of the Year
- Coretex Hi-Tech Emerging Company of the year
- NZVIF Hi-Tech Start-up Company of the year
- Callaghan Innovation Hi-Tech Kamupene Maori o te Tau - Maori Company of the Year
- Duncan Cotterill Most Innovative Hi-Tech Software Solution
- NZTE Most Innovative Hi-Tech Agritech Solution
- Quick Circuit Best Contribution to the NZ Hi-Tech Sector by an Internationally Headquartered Company
- Kiwibank Most Innovative Hi-Tech Service
- IBM Hi-Tech Inspiring Individual of the Year
- ATEED Most Innovative Hi-Tech Creative Technology Solution
- Endace Most Innovative Hi-Tech Hardware Product
- Xero Hi-Tech Young Achiever of the year
- Visa Best Technology Solution for the Public Good
In addition to the above categories, the Hi-Tech Awards will also recognise a new Flying Kiwi who will be inducted into the Tait Communications Hi-Tech Hall of Fame.
A full list of categories and entry criteria can be found at www.hitech.org.nz. All entries must be submitted online.
- Entries for the 2019 Awards will close at 5pm on Monday, 4th March 2019
- Finalists will be announced at simultaneous events in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch on 27th March, 2019
- Winners will be announced at the Gala Dinner at Spark Arena in Auckland on 24th May, 2019 along with the recipient of the 2019 Tait Communications Flying Kiwi Award.
Find out more at the Hi-Tech Awards website.
You must be logged in in order to post comments. Log In