TechBlog was created by IT Professionals NZ to create a home for the latest news, views and other information about tech and the IT industry in New Zealand.
TechBlog is unique because:
- It unashamedly focuses only on what's happening within, and of interest to, the IT profession.
- It has a professional editor in Paul Brislen and professional journo in Sarah Putt, both with extensive tech journalism experience.
- It is written by tech people, for tech people. TechBlog is collaboratively produced and has many authors from across the tech sector.
- As well as editors and regular contributors, it includes frequent articles and opinions from key leaders in all areas of IT, from government Ministers through to those at the coalface.
- It is also sent in a weekly digest form (called Newsline) to many thousands of IT Professionals across New Zealand.
- It is operated by IT Professionals NZ, New Zealand's independent professional body for those working and studying in IT.
Paul Brislen (editor)
Paul Brislen runs Brislen Communications. He used to be the chief executive of the Telecommunications Users Association of NZ, editor of Computerworld and a reporter for the NZ Herald, but not all at the same time.
Sarah Putt (contributor)
Sarah Putt is a household name in tech reporting having been editor of publications like Computerworld and Telecommunications Review. Now she's a Director of SP Media, co-founder of Newzengine.com, and regular contributor to ITP TechBlog.
A big list of other people contribute to TechBlog and Newsline. If you're interested in contributing either regularly or on a one-off basis, drop a note to [email protected]
If you are interested in advertising on Techblog, please contact [email protected]