What do you think? Upskilling and Reskilling
The digital technology industry is suffering greatly from a mismatch of skill supply and demand at different stages of the skills pipeline. This makes it difficult for firms to find the experienced people they need, for graduates to get their first job, tech workers to get career progression, and for the sector to growand in turn support the New Zealand economy.
Upskilling and reskilling is one of the ways we can address the skills mismatch in the digital technology sector by helping to fill the demand, especially for the senior roles where we have the greatest shortage.The only way we are going to fix this long-term is if we invest in the development of domestic talent.
We are getting this work started by doing a deep dive to understand:
- existing opportunities for upskilling and reskilling in the digital technology sector
- what is getting in the way of people being able to upskill and reskill
- what can be done to give more people the chance to upskill and reskill in digital technology.
Consultation - what do you think?
In developing this mahi we have spoken to many people, run workshops, reviewed a wide range of research and listened to input from many sources. We still need to hear more, consult widely and validate what we have heard so far. So please tell us what you think.
- You can read everything on this page - Skills Consultation
- Or you can download the full report on what we have found - Full Document
- Or you can download a short summary - Summary Document
To provide your feedback please complete this form - Feedback Form
You can add as little or as much detail as you like, or you can email us if you prefer at [email protected]
We need your help and appreciate your insights. Ngā mihi Vic and the ITP team.
You must be logged in in order to post comments. Log In