Quick ITP update and upcoming events
For much of NZ it's a huge relief to be dropping back to Level 3 today. And for those in Auckland and Northland - you'll be out in no time and thanks for everything you're doing to keep NZ safe. We know it isn't easy.
This week we've released a whole heap of ITx Innovation Day presentation videos on the ITP member video library. If you're a member, check them out for free - there are some absolute doozies there.
Also, next week we kick off the ITP Thursday Live Webinars again, starting with the Ministry of Health's Shayne Hunter talking about the upcoming massive health reforms and tech's role in ensuring a world-leading health system into the future.
Plus, check out our upcoming cybersecurity courses - details below.
Videos from ITx 2021 Innovation Days now available
A big selection of videos from the ITx Innovation Days last month are now up on the ITP Video Library - free for all ITP members.
The talks include:
- David Downs: Accelerating the tech sector
- Elf Eldridge: Cyber Security in a broken world
- John Olsen: Team culture - How to innovate with the best people
- Aaron Hodder: Responsible Digital - Humanity in Technology
- Rasha Abu-Safieh: GGateway: Transforming lives through Tech
- Minas Liarokapis: Innovation in Robotics and Bionics
- Rob England: Crossing the Streams - the nexus of ITIL, DevOps, and Agility
- Jocelyn Cranefield: From fun-lovers to institutionalists: Uncovering the subcultures of kiwi IT workers
- Liam Malone: On top of the world - turning disability into ability
- Anthony McMahon: Why work harder when you can work smarter?
- Igor Portugal: What does post-Covid IT architecture look like?
- Ray Delany: Is the traditional consulting model broken
- Mark Harrison: Service Management: a panacea for uncertain times?
- Billie Jordan: The Hip Op-erations Crew - Inspiring the world's oldest hip hop crew
- Terry Chapman: Why your next job might be remote and what new skills you need to succeed at it
- Andreas Drechsler: The Future of IT Governance and Business/IT Alignment in Scaling Agile Organisations
- Russell Ewart: Transformation at scale: Harvesting the value of Customer centricity during change
- Panel: Surviving and Thriving in today's changed world
- John Ascroft: Ethical principles in multi-modal application development: a BARJ case study
As an added bonus, we've also added the following videos from the CITRENZ 2020 virtual education conference to the library:
- Daniel Dang: A Case Study of Using SCRUM Framework to Teach OOP Concepts
- Alex-John Clark: A Medical Emergency Response System for Elderly
- Brett Davidson: Automation in a Lab Network
- Sunitha Prabhu: Cross-disciplinary Interactions in Work-integrated Learning
- Kim Hagen-Hall: Evaluating Scrum for managing Indra's automated vote-counting system implementation
- Minjie Hu: How to Teach Test Automation in Software Testing
- Noor Alani: Improved Feature Selection and Ensemble Learning For Cervical Cancer Assessment
- Bernard Otinpong: Mobile App Development Course During Lockdown - A Reflection
- Ram Roy: Sentiments analysis of the feedback from a business simulation game - Quantifying the unquantifiable
- Daniel Dang: The Implementation of a mini MVC-based Framework to Teach Web App Development
- Emre Erturk: Using Blockchain and Tokens for Education: Fad or not?
While you're there, check out heaps of other talks, including a couple of our favourites from the 2019 ITx Rutherford Conference:
- Seeby Woodhouse: How to find fame, fortune and inner peace
- Dheeren Velu: Artificial Intelligence - Trends and Ethics
- Panel: Technology and the Future of Work
The ITP Video Library has a heap of content not available anywhere else - talks and presentations from experts on topical issues, all free for ITP members.
There are some absolute gems in the library - do check them out.
Check out the ITP video library here
Return of ITP Thursday Live
ITP's magazine-style fortnightly Thursday Live Webinars are back! And first up will be a doozy - the Ministry of Health's head of Digital and Data Shayne Hunter talking about tech's role in the upcoming health reforms.
New Zealand's health sector is undergoing a significant reform, with a move away from Primary Health Organisations (PHOs), the creation of a Maori Health Authority and the merger of 20 District Health Boards (DHBs) into a new organisation called Health New Zealand.
A huge part of the reform is figuring out how the technology and digital side will work; not just keeping the lights on across the country's hospitals, but how to keep innovation at the forefront of the reforms and ensure the emerging new health system is world leading in the use of technology to ensure better health outcomes for kiwis.
As always, the Thursday Live Webinar will kick off with our Tech NewsChat Panel talking through the big stories of the week and will finish with extended Q&A with Shayne.
The live webinar is free but you'll need to register.
We have a great line-up of guests coming up in the Thursday Live Webinars. Following this talk on the 9th, we have Colin D Ellis joining us on the 23rd, talking about his new book on team culture. It'll be another cracker - more details soon.
Live Online Cybersecurity courses - register now
We've had heaps of requests for cybersecurity courses in recent times, so have scheduled 2 live online short courses for October.
These are detailed workshop-style short courses facilitated by cybersecurity expert Dr Elf Eldridge. While there is a cost to attending them, we've kept the cost as low as possible. But do get in quick - places are limited and they'll likely sell out.
NZISM Fundamentals - 5 Oct 2021
The New Zealand Information Security Manual (NZISM) is the New Zealand Government's security compliance handbook. It contains both a risk management framework and a number of security controls that NZ government agencies are required to have and that many NZ organisations are encouraged to have.
This NZISM fundamentals course highlights the most significant areas of the NZISM.
Cybersecurity Incident Response - 7 Oct 2021
The impact of cybersecurity incidents, most notably ransomware, can be devastating for almost any organization. From the loss of critical business services to the disclosure of sensitive information, it has become clear that having a process to mitigate harm during an incident is something that is critical for most organization that want to improve the security maturity. This course has been updated to more accurately reflect the incident response landscape as of 2021.
The cybersecurity incident response course is intended for those wishing to develop or critique their incident response processes.
Get in quick! Places are very limited.
Become an ITP Mentor
As many ITP members will be aware, we recently re-launched our Mentoring programme for tech professionals. The free programme helps our people set clear career goals and objectives, understand that they have the ability to achieve these, and put in place a plan to do it.
The launch has been a huge success... so much so that we need more mentors! We're especially looking for senior developers, people who have moved from ops into management roles. and anyone with gaming or design type experience.
The process is super easy, and we provide induction, guidance, resources etc - you're not on your own.
Does that sound like you? Check out more info here
Get your ITP gear
Now is the perfect time to head over to the ITP store and grab yourself some sleek and practical items for work and play. These customizable items come in a variety of designs and are perfect for work, networking or casualwear.
The official ITP store has a whole bunch of professional and casual clothing options, some which can be co-branded with your company. It's a great opportunity to show that you don't just "do IT" - you're also serious about professional practice.
Pop on over to shop.itp.nz to check it out. Deliveries after Wellington drops from L4 lockdown.
Previous webinars - all available free to members
All past webinars are available on the ITP Video Library for members:
- 2020's Top 10 Hacking Techniques
- Down-to-Earth Leadership Skills for Technical Geniuses
- How technology enabled the health response
- How Covid is impacting the Gaming Industry
- Creating a plan for Digital Skills
- Cybersecurity and the recent attacks
- Tech legal update - what you need to know
- An afternoon with Nanogirl
- Taking kiwi tech to the post-Covid world
- Tech startups in a post-Covid world
- The IRD Transformation
- Digital Government and Covid-19
- Tech and the Covid-19 recovery
- Privacy in the days of Covid-19
- Leading Wellness in uncertain times
- Meet the ITP Workshop Presenters
- The data behind Covid19
- Innovation in tough times: Don't Hunker in the Bunker
- Covid19: Tech and the Law
- Cybersecurity from home
- Clarke Ching on disaster innovation
- CITPNZ and CTech: The What, How and Why
- Working Remotely - How to get through
You must be logged in in order to post comments. Log In